Connect with us

Education

Two Pupils Die After Eating Suspected Poisoned Food At School

Avatar photo

Published

on

poisoned food

At least two fatalities from suspected food poisoning have been confirmed by police on Friday at a school in the Mukono District.

The two students reportedly passed away on Thursday at The Green Primary School after eating food, according to the police.

Police gave a detailed account of what happened that led to the deaths of 10-year-old P1 student Victor Bongole and 13-year-old P7 candidate Andrew Kakumba on Friday.

According to preliminary investigations, a teacher at the school, which has primary and nursery sections, brought cooked food she had prepared at home to her three children in the boarding section on October 11. Chicken, sweet potatoes, and rice were served, according to Patrick Oyango, a spokesman for the Kampala Metropolitan Police.

“Nagujja served her children food, and they later shared some of it with their friends (learners),” the police continued. However, on Wednesday night, the kids who had eaten the food began to experience nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and vertigo.

Around 21 students in all consumed the mentioned meals while attending the Makukuba Village, Nakifuma-Naggalama Town Council school.

The afflicted students were then taken urgently to St. Francis Hospital and other nearby medical facilities.

Along with two students, Catherine Nanyonjo and Leticia Nakasi, Nagujja was admitted to the Kayunga Regional Referral Hospital.

“We have proven that Kakumba is Nagujja’s biological son, who also consumed the same food with two of her other children who weren’t seriously harmed.”

The two remains were afterwards transported to Mulago in Kampala City’s city mortuary for postmortem.

According to Dr. Julius Musinguzi of St. Francis Hospital Naggalama, the clinic received three different types of patients, some of whom had moderate diarrhea.

“Those on admission were five and six under day care treatment in addition to 8 under our patient treatment,” he stated on Friday.

David Ssefuma, the director of the school, highlighted that the institution did not cook the lethal food.

He continued, “We were stunned to hear such tragic news, and I implore police to fully examine this situation and determine the truth.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2023 The New Light Paper, Uganda. A Subsidiary of KOOM Media Group Ltd.